This is a delightful book! Here's my review:
This book has it all! There's a sweet love story, mysterious journals, a secret treasure, and more! The themes are friendship and family.
The characters are relatable and easy to like! I would have to say that Dolly is my favorite. She embraces and loves the people who rent rooms in her boardinghouse. She is the hospitality queen! Reed also became a favorite. A young army medic suffering from PTSD, he comes to Dolly's boardinghouse broken. Soon he finds healing and love.
I enjoyed the journal parts of the story. Reading about Catherine's life and the various surprises that she encountered tied everything together. This is the first book that I've read by this author but it won't be the last!
Here's my review: This book was informative and interesting! I love it when authors take a piece of history and create an amazing fictional story. FDR is one of the presidents that I admire and this book showcased his leadership abilities and his dedication to the United States of America. Lizzie is an exceptional woman! She's an advocate, a confidant, and extremely loyal. She stayed with FDR literally until the end. We need more people in the world like Lizzie!

Comments
Post a Comment